Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sparkle

Loved - most of - the music. Acting was a bit flat, but not too bad. But, *set in the 60's*? Puhlease! The dresses were WAY sexier than anything in the 60's, and ladies of color with straighened hair were rare. I would've found this much more believable set in the mid-to-late 70's in the post-Motown era. And they did far too little with Whitney Houston's musical talent, for whatever reason. Ceelo Green was an excellent cameo. I like everyone in this film, I just think it failed to really come together. Sadly, Whitney will never get another chance. 6/5, and I liked Jordin Sparks's role better than my other half did. I think she's capable of more and better, and just needs more practise with acting. This is a credible early role for her, and her musical talent is phenominal. I'm looking forward to that.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment