Sunday, April 21, 2013

Oblivion:

Buzz Lightyear...I mean Jack Harper...I mean Tom Cruise...actually did a decent job acting here. There's a story with some pretty good depth, and both female leads (yup, two) are really good. There's a taste of Matrix-ness, a touch of Mad Max...and dammit, he should've been #42. I love the sky pool, and Maverick...er, Jack Harper can really fly that thing. I'm left with quite a few questions, and wishing I could read it as a hard sci-fi novel to get the story's depth and background. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this film. However, like almost every sci-fi flick in recent years, it makes me feel like a broken Star Wars droid, stuck repeating one phrase over and over: "Post apocalyptic... Post apocalyptic.. Post apocalyptic.. Post apocalyptic.. Post apocalyptic.. Post apocalyptic..." 8/10

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment