Friday, January 17, 2014

August: Osage County -

Old wood and poison. Black widows crawling across your heart. Bleak, bitter, depressed and scorched Earth. Listen to Julia and just eat the fucking fish, PLEASE! I can't recommend this movie. It's not shock, it's utterly heartbreaking. I have to split it in two and give it two ratings: Acting - 11/10. Everyone did an outSTANDING job of becoming their character. This is one of those cases where all the big name makes a perfect team that utterly delivers on their part of the story...which gets me to the SECOND rating; Storyline - negative 10/10. I HATE this story. It is a pit of meanness and cruel dysfunction that the words "over the top" don't begin to cover. I walked out of the film full of bleak sadness. Like I said, " Listen to Julia and just eat the fucking fish, PLEASE!" Shaking my head and trying to shake this monstrosity off...

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment